Friday, June 13, 2008

6 Months

                                    



Sunday marks 6 months since our wedding and I am so excited to celebrate this first little landmark in our marriage. These past months have flown by and I am remembering as I look back to my wedding day why I chose to have the day go the way it did as well as why I chose the small unique touches that made the day so deeply special to us and symbolic of the family, legacy and heritage our marriage comes from.

I am enormously blessed to have had my mom and sister and many other people carry out my vision for a peaceful and natural entrance into marriage. I truly look back and can feel the same peace I felt that day.  

Walking down the aisle seeing Charlie at the end was such a fulfillment of the love that exists in the kingdom of God. I was so blessed to not feel an obligation to use traditional wedding music. Traditional music fits many brides and almost demands the respect that a bride is due on her wedding day. but it was not for me. playing music from Michael W. Smith's "Freedom" CD contributed to the environment of peace that I so desired for that day. It was incredible to remember the way i felt as i heard the laughter from all of our guests while the flower girls and ring bearer made their way down the aisle. from behind the closed door it was such a sweet sound. Next I heard the beginning notes of the song that I was to walk down to. My heart was racing (and is again as I remember these moments) and I could feel my eyes becoming warm with tears soon on their way. As it came to the moment when the doors were to be opened I remember saying to my dad that our time was coming... it's almost here. And as the doors opened I saw a crowd of people out of the corner of my eye turning to look at me and all i could see was Charlie. At the end of the aisle waiting. just like I had always dreamed. I would not change any aspect of that moment. 
As I walked I prayed for Charlie (like I promised I would in a letter I wrote him for the wedding morning) I prayed for him in this new role he was taking in my life and for the spiritual leader of our new family. Such an amazing moment. I will never forget those moments or what they represented for the beginning of our new life together.
Charlie I love you! happy six months! I love looking back at the first moment we had as Mr. and Mrs. Bergen!!!!

5 comments:

6 of Four Creations said...

What a beautiful post! I loved reading it. Great job and it was special to read about what you were thinking at each moment. I love you guys!

. said...

I was teary through this entire post. How precious and such a special post for Charlie to read from you.

Betty Anne said...

Maggie, it isn worth the wait for a new post to read one so beautifully written and such a sweet expression of your memories of your wedding day! I love that you prayed for your husband to be on your way down the isle. What a sacrificial act when you could have been taking in the glory of your moment! You are such a beautiful woman, Maggie. I am thanking the Lord for you AGAIN today as I have read and reread your blog. Happy Anniversary!

jon&katie said...

So beautifully written Maggie.
Happy Anniversary to you both.

We love you,

The Christian's said...

Haven't looked at your blog in a long time and just found this post. I was reary eyed all the way through it. And I'm so glad that we got to be there for this beautiful day!