Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Blueberries and Wine!!!

So tonight Charlie is at a meeting until... I'm not exactly sure when but he is not home yet, Anyways... I haven't been out to really pick my blueberries in a few days so I thought I would see what was new out there (since Saturday) 
I began my adventure with my little basket (Which I was laughed at last night for carrying around in the dark, with my flashlight to find a select few to show off to my mother-in-law) and I decided to take a glass of White Wine... nothing like a cold wine on a hot day. So I walk outside with my little basket and my glass of wine and begin my hunt on my PC bush (this is the one with blueberries, blackberries and grapes... it does not discriminate as to what it allows on it so I will call it Politically Correct or "PC") 
I first found a good handful of BIG Blackberries. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet but something wonderful! They of course are on thorny bushes and the big ones are in the back so it was a prickly process. 
Next I began seeing big plump blueberries about onto every good cluster or at least the branch.
I gathered a handful or two from there (and finished my wine... maybe that's why I dropped half of them out of the basket and had to gather them quickly off the ground)
Next I went to the biggest blueberry bush (this is the one that I have picked the most fruit off of in the past years) and I pretty much passed it by. They are still mostly green but barely pink on the edges.
Finally I went to the bush that always seems to bloom first and sure enough there must have been at least one big blueberry in each small cluster. My basket was full before you knew it and now I'm inside blogging about it... but no worries I am on my way back out now with a BIGGER BASKET!!!



3 comments:

. said...

Love it!

Betty Anne said...

Your mother-in-law thinks you are adorable! As I said, my granddaughter could not have delighted me more if she were the one out there with a flahslight, squealing each blue nugget she found! Talk about living life abundantly....that's our Maggie!
love you....

jon&katie said...

How Fun!