Friday, January 30, 2009

Can I see your ID please?

That was the wonderful question I was asked by a 19 year old cashier at Wal-mart. Of course I pull out my ID for him... 
What was I buying? a movie
I looked at him and asked if he thought I was younger than 17. He didn't respond. I seriously was not trying to be rude... just slightly confused. 
Then as I walked away I was even more confused... enough to check the movie to see that in fact it was rated PG-13. Wow! 
Many questions ran through my head all at once...
Do I look 13? How did I get to the store? Is my mom waiting outside to take me home? (miss you mom!) Would my husband approve of my PG-13 movie? How does work feel about me dressing like a 13 year old? Would my landlord still rent to me if he knew I was 13? Did I really enter college at the ripe age of 8?  Could I work in a bank at the age of 11? Should I take back the wine I bought last night and confess to Wal-mart that I am in-fact 13 and should not have been sold the wine? No, Wait... I should report Wal-mart for selling to minors... I gotta go call the cops   =) 
ttyl (that stands for "talk to ya later" for all of you who don't speak the language of us 13 year olds)

No comments: