Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hoover Dam

Our first day of our trip we went to the Hoover Dam.

Charlie and I both were so excited to see this massive project that was created as a part of a plan to bring jobs to those suffering from the effects of the great depression. How ironic for us to visit it during another period of economic turmoil for our country.

 
The closer we got to the Dam the more we began to see areas like this:


Charlie thought I was crazy but the heights tend to get the best of me. So this is the best I could do to take a picture down the Dam (When you scroll down you will see Charlie's picture... much more daring). Anyway they had cut outs of concrete overlooks so you could see down better. Every time we went on one I tip-toed to the edge. (keep in mind there was a concrete wall up to my chest.)
This is Charlie checking out the construction of the new bridge (I will post more details in the next post)

Charlie's picture down the Dam


Charlie drinking that Dam water! ;)
Notice the waterline. Isn't it incredible how low the water is?
I was standing in two places at one time to take this picture!
Charlie is being so helpful holding the worker up!

One of Charlie's favorite parts of vacation... Cigars whenever he wants!

No comments: