Monday, January 28, 2008

Best Ever

I am so enjoying wedding presents right now. One of the most precious of presents was a book of family recipes that my Grandma spent many hours putting together for me. I am enjoying the tastes and smells of my heritage and the legacy of these recipes that have been handed down to me.

This morning the recipe was sugar cookies. The recipe is one from the kitchen of my Great Great Grandmother Lillie. I have a photocopy of the recipe that was typed out on what looks like a typewriter and is named "Grandmother Fitzgerald's Sugar cookies". I am in love with the recipe and don't know that I could ever give it up. There is a lot of faith in baking sugar cookies. I have to trust the time on the recipe in fear of making them hard if I don't. I think I did pretty well for the first time.

When my Grandma was putting the recipe book together for me she wrote her own little memory about them... she said on her way home from school she would stop by her Grandmother's house and she would always have these Sugar cookies in the Cookie Jar on the counter. What a fun picture to think about. My Grandma as a little girl going to her Grandma's looking for sweets!

No comments: