Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Does the Rooster Know?

Losing an hour is just mean. And I was finally recovering and getting used to my new routine. Being married, newly graduated, and new career. The balance is a delicate one.
Charlie and I both on Sunday and Monday were so tired we felt like we were going to fall over. It threw Charlie into a cold and the Rooster is now crowing in the middle of the day.
Now of course the Rooster shouldn't know the time changed but then how should we explain his 5:30pm crowing?

5 comments:

Betty Anne said...

Somehow, I read the rooster story and think:

Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide.
Keep Atlanta, just give me that countryside.

Atlanta is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Peachtree Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Lenox Square

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.

MAggie, you make the best farm wife!

. said...

Both of you are quite the writers today!

Maggie said...

You are terrible!! Green Acres Atlanta style! very funny and I am NOT a farm wife!!
I mean not that there is anything wrong with that if that's what you like. Everyone is different.
It's just not for me

jon&katie said...

very confused rooster! but, i love betty anne's song. creative :)

Betty Anne said...

You're the best, Jon!
You know talent, don't you! ;o)