Sunday, November 23, 2008

My New Shelf!!!!

Since Christmas is coming soon (wah hoo!!) I needed to free up space on my mantel for greenery and Christmas Decorations... so I asked Charlie for solutions... We talked about a shelf above the couch and I loked up examples of what I thought I wanted and then we stood in the aisle at Lowes and drew pictures on the back of a piece of 1x8 and Charlie convinced me that we HAD to have brackets to support the shelf... I suggested a shelf on the bottom (so the brackets wouldn't look like brackets and we were off.. Within just a few hours (While I packed for San Antonio and cleaned up the house) Charlie whipped up the shelf and painted it too!!!

I am so proud of his skills! 2 weeks ago he made me a jewelry box for my night stand.

Here is a picture of the shelf!! :) it is a little fuzzy because I took it with my phone but isn't it pretty?!

2 comments:

A. Wolfe said...

Oh My Gosh! It looks great!!!

. said...

So cute! A handy husband is priceless!! :)