Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dad and mom for the weekend!

What a fun and relaxing weekend. This is the first time I have hosted my dad and mom in my home and it was such fun!
We spent time in Asheville on Saturday where they witnessed the purchase of one iPod touch for one very excited Charlie for Christmas. Don't you like the official hand off right outside the front door of Best Buy?


Oh by the way did I say yet what Charlie got me for Christmas? Well I will do that in a post of it's own so check back! :)


I love having my parents here... My mom and I had a lot of fun making peanut brittle without a candy thermometer. Never been done before but it was completely successful! Yum! 




My dad spent time helping Charlie set up his iPod and playing with his own. It was great to have someone to feed Charlie's excitement



Time with my parents would not be complete without popcorn. So dad and I whipped up a batch to settle in and watch Wall-E. Which by the way is funnier the second time! If you have not seen it yet you have to check it out.



Mom was working on Christmas cards and gained a new friend.




Our Sunday afternoon activity was completing a project I started a few years ago. I bought buttons to make button wreaths as Christmas ornaments. I made a few and really liked them. Then the idea came to use my great-grandmother's buttons to make wreaths. They were Grandma Grace's buttons she is my mom's dad's mother. I love this idea and now we have used them all and I love how they have turned out. Such unique old buttons. It make me want to pull buttons off everything I have once they wear out. 



3 comments:

Lauren said...

Maggie,
my mom and i would like to see photographs of these wreaths!!! okay love you!! Merry Christmas see you soon!!!

Maggie said...

I'm working on it! I need to tie a couple of ribbons and then I will post the BEST PICTURE EVER of the button wreaths!

Stay tuned :)

The Christian's said...

I agree, I was so excited to see the finished product- so get them done soon and we'll keep checking your post!!! :)