Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Feed the Birds... San Antonio Part 2


Well our second day in San Antonio we went to the river walk in downtown San Antonio as well as the Alamo. We enjoyed a day of exploring this city. We started with a walk down the river walk and found a Starbucks to sit while Charlie checked in with work. This Starbucks was awesome! it is 2 levels with an outside area upstairs overlooking the river walk. I crocheted and Charlie worked for a little while. We both grabbed a muffin and instead of eating his, Charlie decided to feed the birds... there were only one or two to start but once the first crumb hit the ground they flew in from everywhere! This is a picture of them waiting for the next pieces. I don't think Charlie had more than a bit of it himself... it was cute.





Charlie working... He loves what he does can you tell?


me sneaking in a picture... can you see the river behind the rail!?



Us just before leaving Starbucks

We made our way around the sidewalks by the river and just happened to come out at the perfect place to be right in front of the Alamo! (I forgot the map in the car)

This is us out front of the Alamo... you can see part of the building in the back

Charlie looking at the Alamo fishes! He didn't bring his fly rod... bummer.
What a handsome husband!


we finished the day in antique stores... I was not impressed and was hoping for something different then what I have seen before but I really didn't oh well... it was a good day...

Oh yeah and we went to Pier One and I broke the top of a little Christmas tree.. oops. Charlie has now banned me from picking things up in stores... How am I going to finish my Christmas shopping?

4 comments:

. said...

I am LOVING your hair curly!

Betty Anne said...

I forgot to ask....did you get an Texas lantern?

Theta said...

Soo glad you got to go to TX. Thanks for sharing, Magz! "See the birds...muffins...muffins...---Sound of Music.:0)

jon&katie said...

I love your glasses! We miss you guys SO much!!!! It's lonely without you ya'll here for the holidays...I told Jon it was so different last year and again this year...It makes me sad :(