Sunday, January 4, 2009

I know

I have a bit of blogging to catch up with and I promise to get to that soon but I wanted to share a weekend update.

I am not excited to go back to work tomorrow but am ok with getting back into my routine. Plus I had a wonderful weekend to send me back.
-New Years day was full of shopping a wonderful lunch at PF Changes and going to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button with Anna. This movie is a must see and I have to admit it is a weird concept but really gets you thinking. (tissues needed)
Charlie spent the day with Ben fishing and he caught 12 fish. 
-Friday I spent the morning packing away Christmas. It was very refreshing to pull the 22 strands of lights off of the tree! Charlie came and picked me up around 2pm so I could go by a job-site with him in Asheville then we could have a night out. We went to see Yes Man it was a funny movie. I was afraid it was going to be another Liar Liar but it surprised me and I enjoyed the laugh of my husband next to me. We had Dinner at Carrabba's Italian Grill another yummy meal!
-Saturday began with the attempt to sleep in... that didn't work so after breakfast we headed to Asheville again. We decided we wanted to see a couple of movies using our regal gift card that some of my family gave Charlie for his last birthday. We made it to an 11:30 showing of Marley and Me. Wow! What a movie. I felt like they hit some of the tough life choices and most definitely took you along for the emotional ride. I'm not going to lie you need a box of tissues (or a handful of napkins if you left your tissues at home like I did). But I loved it! Must see!!
We went for lunch a little shopping before going back to the Theater for Valkyrie. I wasn't sure if there could be a better movie out then the 3 I had already seen this week but this definitely topped the charts. With this movie, since it is based on a true story, there was no mystery as to how it would end. For me it came down to the basic fact that it told the story of a few officials in the Nazi party that challenged the ideals and foundations that the party was built on. They believed so completely that what was going on was wrong that they were willing to do whatever it took to make a stand against their party. Another movie that needs tissues. This was an inspirational and challenging movie. Are you willing to stand up for what you believe is right?
We made our way home with take out Doc Chey's. What an awesome Saturday!
Sunday- Charlie and I woke up and decided to go to Joey's Pancake House in Maggie Valley for Breakfast before church.
I was very excited in church when the Pastor announced that starting next week the Sunday School Classes before the Sunday worship services are going to be going through Focus on the Family's: The Truth Project. You can ask Charlie I just about came unglued from my seat. I almost immediately sent a text message to my Brother, Jason, who introduced our family to The Truth Project back in November. He mirrored my excitement by texting back "cool. go to it". I know it will be a commitment to come to Church an hour earlier but I am excited and ready to go! 
Charlie and I had a relaxing afternoon and evening at home rearranging furniture and doing laundry! :)

What a good way to motivate and get me to go back into the work world tomorrow!
Have a good week back!

4 comments:

. said...

What a fun week you had! Jason and I used a giftcard and saw Australia on Friday night and LOVED it! An epic type feel with a good love story/western feel/action movie. I am usually not a fan of Nicole Kidman but I really liked this movie.
Thanks for all the movie reviews!

Betty Anne said...

Loved your Movie Review.
Marley and Me...yes a GREAT movie, which I said was more about marriage and life than Marley. A great support of working marriage out through the tough times.

Valkyrie....am amazing movie that challenged me, as it did you. I was not sure I would like it, but came away in awe.

Austrailia is the next one I suggest you see. Great too!

I love your weekend story! Thanks for sharing!

Maggie said...

Thank you for the Australia Reviews! I wanted to see it too but it would have been too much. Maybe this week... I really think I should see it on the big screen!

Lauren said...

:) much like everyone else i loved reading your movie reviews. i guess i'll have to let jason know he'll need to buy me a box of tissues! I wish you had been here tonight, we played monopoly with annie and chad and chad got so pissed because he was losing and jason dominated of course. UMMM and I showed annie some more bridesmaid dresses that i like :) :) I need to have some time with you to talk serious wedding stuff!! OH and guess what??? On Wednesday of this week the basketball team is traveling to North GA (Dahlonega) to play...i think i'm going with them. How close is that to you??? haha i guess i could have just called.
LOVE YOU!